Lamaze toys are super popular. But babies tend to put everything in their mouth, and it’s only natural for parents to wonder: “can Lamaze toys be washed?”. Let’s find out.
Lamaze toys have become a favorite for both babies and caregivers. This is because these toys help babies to learn very quickly.
There are numerous Lamaze toys available in the market. Some of them have squeaky parts that your babies can pull and experiment with. Some Lamaze toys come with chewable parts to help your baby when teething. Your little one not only touches the toys but also puts them in their mouths very frequently.
Therefore, parents want to make sure that these toys are always cleaned thoroughly to protect their children from infectious diseases. But can Lamaze toys be washed?
If yes, how can you clean a Lamaze toy in your home? Can you machine wash them, or do you need to wash them by hand? Should you sterilize them, or is it not a good idea?
Different toys come with other varying wash procedures of washing ought this article to keep the Lamaze toys germ-free.
How to Clean Lamaze Toys
- First, put a dab of dish soap on a rag to make it wet.
- Try to wipe all the plastic parts of your Lamaze toys.
- If you find stains on the fabric parts, you can apply a stain stick and wait for 2-hours.
If you want, you can also wipe these toys with baby wipes. But the problem is that baby wipes generally leave an unusual smell on the toys. As the babies put these toys in their mouths, some people do not prefer to use wipes.
Pro Tip: If you find a stain on the fabric which is very hard to remove with stain sticks, you can try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It will help remove even the toughest possible stains. After using it, you can wash the toys in the same way as described above.
Now, let’s see how to machine wash your Lamaze toys.
- Fill your washing machine tub with cold water.
- Add a proper amount of detergent designated safe for children.
- If you don’t have baby-safe detergent, you can use any detergent that does not contain dyes or other harmful chemicals to safeguard your baby’s sensitive skin.
- Put all your Lamaze toys in the machine to wash them thoroughly.
- Place the toys in the dryer or simply put them in the sunlight to get them dry.
Note: If your Lamaze toy comes with a mirror, you should remove it before placing it in the washing machines. You can clean the mirror with a clean towel and attach it to your Lamaze toy afterward.
How to Clean Plush Toys
Most plush toys come with instruction labels on how to clean them. If you read it, you can get proper washing instructions there. You can only hand-wash some of the plush toys.
If you do not like to wash these plush toys, you can use a vacuum to absorb all the dust. You can use any of these tricks to make the toy safe for your kid.
Which Plush Toys are not Machine Compatible
There are some considerations that you should follow before machine wash the plush toys-
- If your toy comes with a music box
- If your toy is fragile or a little old
- If your toy comes with glued products, including- ribbon, sequins, and more
- If your toy comes with unremovable delicate products
- Last, if your toy has polyester stuffing
How to Clean Voice Activated Plush Toys
What You Would Need
- Baking Soda
- Vacuum Cleaner
Steps to Clean
- Step 1: You should remove the batteries first from the toy set. Otherwise, your batteries get damaged.
- Step 2: Now, take a bowl and fill it with lukewarm clean water.
- Step 3: Pour a pinch of detergent and mix well.
- Step 4: Take a soft washcloth and dip it in the mixture.
- Step 5: Scrub the outside of your toy with the washcloth.
- Step 6: Finally, rinse the toy well with clean water.
- Step 7: Repeat the rinsing procedure until all the soaps get cleaned.
- Step 8: Now, dry the toy completely.
- Step 9: If you want to keep away the odor, sprinkle little baking soda on it.
- Step 10: Leave it for a day or two, clean it using a vacuum, and make it ready for your little one.
Importance of Toy Cleaning
There are several reasons to keep your toys clean. The primary reason is to keep your children safe from infectious diseases. Children not only play but also put the toys in their mouths. If you do not clean the toys properly, the germs may enter their mouth to make them seriously ill.
Frequently Asked Questions: Can Lamaze Toys Be Washed
Can you wash Lamaze Firefly?
Lamaze Firefly is a ubiquitous toy that most babies have. You can use any detergent that goes well with your baby’s sensitive skin to make them clean.
Put your Lamaze Firefly in the mixture to get clean. After cleaning, place your toy in the dryer or in the sunlight to make the toy air dry.
How do you wash Lamaze books?
Keep your Lamaze books in the pillowcase and tie them well to safeguard them from their belongings. Seal the pillowcase well and wash it in the washing machine only in the delicate mode.
It would be best if you choose a detergent that is compatible with your baby’s sensitive skin. Finally, dry them thoroughly in the shade.
Can toys go in the washing machine?
Only the plastic toys that come with batteries are not compatible with washing machines. If your battery-operated toy can move, sing, or talk, it can damage the washing machines. Otherwise, you can gather your toys in a bag, put them in the washing machine, and leave them in the washer. Try to avoid the spin function.
How do you wash plush baby toys that can not be passed?
If your plush toy is not washable or too sensitive to wash in the machine, you can only hand wash them. Take a clean cloth and dip in the warm water.
Scrub your entire toy with this washcloth to make it dust-free. Now leave the plush toys to air dry or can put them in the dryer also.
How do you disinfect teething toys?
First, take a bowl and add dishwasher detergent to it. Then, soak all the teething toys in it for a few hours. Now, take another bowl and mix white vinegar and warm water well, and again, wash the teething toys for at least 15-minutes. Finally, rinse them well with cold water.
Is it safe to use bleach to clean your Lamaze toys?
Bleach can indeed clean all the germs from your toys. But you should dilute the bleach with water and apply it to the smaller parts of the toy. There are various toys available with different materials.
Just check the washing procedure before you apply anything to it. A clean toy is essential to make your baby safe and protected.
Can Lamaze Toys Be Washed? Yes, But You Have To Keep a Few Things In Mind.
It is essential to wash the toys to ensure good hygiene for your baby. Please follow the tips mentioned above and guidelines to make all your Lamaze toys clean and disinfectant.