I have collated seven great toys you can take apart and put back together for kids who love to learn by making and breaking. My top three choices are below
Kids can be very curious about how everything works. They have to explore everything, and that sometimes leads to them taking things apart.
When my daughter started to experiment with my makeup products, that is when I knew I had to do something about it!
I discussed it with some of my friends who have older kids, and one suggested I get my daughter some toys you can take apart and put back together. I spent about a week searching for some of the best toys you can take apart and put back together.
After trying and testing over twenty different toys based on various parameters like durability, safety, and the ease of assembling and disassembling the toys, I have shortlisted the best seven toys you can take apart and put back together.
If you are also looking for toys that will keep your kids busy while satisfying their curiosity about how things work, then you have come to the right place. I have reviewed the seven best toys you can take apart and put back together.
In this review, you will learn.
- How to choose take apart toys, what to look for in them
- Answers to other questions about toys that you can take apart
- Seven toys you can take apart and put back together
Buyers Guide: Toys You Can Take Apart And Put Back Together
You need to consider many factors when buying a toy, like price, age suitability, and many more. However, these four features are something that you must check when selecting a toy.
Kids are at an age where they learn new things every day. When buying a toy for kids, it is always better to consider a toy that can serve multiple purposes. A toy that serves the purpose of keeping your kid occupied and making them learn new things is something that you should prefer.
Multi-purpose toys that enhance problem-solving, concentration, and several other skills in your kids are the ones that you should go for.
One critical factor that you should look for in a toy for kids is safety. Ensuring that your kid is safe at all times is the primary concern of a parent. Playing with a toy should not result in your kids getting harmed in any way.
Ensure that the toys don’t have sharp corners. The materials used in the making of toys also need to be checked properly before buying. It should not have any toxic chemicals in it. Take apart toys often have tiny pieces that can become a choking hazard if your kid accidentally tries to swallow them.
The durability of the toys is an essential factor when looking to buy toys you can take apart and put back together. While kids are not that cautious with toys when they play, frequent assembling and disassembling can also damage them. Replacing toys frequently is costly, and you can’t expect kids to understand this.
Make sure to check the quality of the material used in the toy. It should be sturdy enough to last long.
Easy To Use
One of the main factors that make a take apart toy different from other toys is taking the pieces of the toys apart and then joining it again. The ease with which kids can do it is something that you must look for when buying such toys.
If a pull-apart toy is not easy to assemble and disassemble, the chances of breakage are high or worse. Your kids will not like playing with it. Make sure that the toy is easy to use, all the while being fun for kids.
Answers To Other Questions About Toys
Why are toys important for a child’s development?
Those days are long gone when toys were only for playing. With the advancement in every field, toys these days are no exception.
A lot of educational toys help develop several skills in young kids. Kids learn problem-solving, cognitive thinking and also develop better hand-to-eye coordination. Playing with toys with other kids helps them learn to share and makes them socially active.
One great example of toys that helps with a child’s development would be taken apart toys. Taking apart the parts of a toy and putting them back together not only curbs a child’s curiosity but also helps them develop motor skills, patience, and construction at a very young age.
What are the best toys for intellectual development?
Toys that help kids think and develop their skills are good for them. Take apart toys and educational toys are fun for kids and develop motor skills, problem-solving, and several other skills. I have reviewed some of the best take apart toys for intellectual development in kids in this article. Some other toys would be STEM toys, quizzes, board games, puzzles, and others.
Reviews of the Top 7 Toys That You Can Take Apart And Put Back Together
#1 GLM Brands Kidtastic STEM Learning Take Apart Toys
- Multi-functional: 9.2/10
- Safety: 9/10
- Durability: 9.1/10
- Easy to use: 9/10
- Overall Score: 9.1/10
- Model name: Dinosaur Toys
- Age range: 3-5 years
- Toy weight: 13 ounces
- Number of pieces: 106 pieces
- Product dimensions: 9x 5.6x 7 inches
- This toy enhances the learning skills of children by making them creatively active.
- Playing with this toy is highly effective for children with ADHD and fidgeting problems.
- The toy parts fit into each other, so the kids have fun making hybrid dinosaurs.
- The toys are safe for kids by being lead-free, phthalate-free, and BPA-free.
- It encourages teamwork and makes the bonds between siblings stronger.
- Rough handling of toys results in breakage.
- Several small parts can go missing if not properly taken care of.
This GLM brand’s Kidtastic STEM toy is an excellent toy for kids to curb their curiosity of breaking down toys and fixing them with its 106 pieces kit.
- Multi-purpose: This toy serves multiple purposes. Not only is it for playing, but it also helps build motor skills, hand-to-eye coordination, and problem-solving skills in kids. The toy also helps kids learn construction at a very young age. With putting things back together, kids will learn patience, and playing with other kids makes them socially active.
- Safety: The safety of your kids is a priority with this toy. The manufacturer uses a third party to test the safety of toys for kids. All the parts and pieces of this toy are lead-free, phthalate-free, and BPA-free. However, since some of the components, like screws, are small in size, it is better to supervise your kids while they play with the toy.
- Durability: This toy is made of high-quality material and well made, which makes them last longer. Even after assembling and assembling the pieces several times, this toy is highly durable.
- Easy to use: This toy’s parts came apart quickly, which is essential for kids to play with. The toolset that comes with this toy is a perfect fit, which makes assembling and disassembling the toy very easy.
#2 Battat Take Apart Airplane Toy
- Multi-functional: 9/10
- Safety: 9/10
- Durability: 9.1/10
- Easy to use: 8.8/10
- Overall Score: 8.9/10
- Model name: Airplane Toy
- Age range: Three to Eight years
- Toy weight: 0.2 pounds
- Number of pieces: 25 pieces
- Product dimensions: 11.5x 6.5x 4.5 inches
- The colorful plane is very attractive to kids.
- The materials used in this toy are kid-friendly and safe.
- The toy drill rotates in both directions, making it easy to assemble and disassemble parts.
- Playing with this toy helps kids develop construction skills.
- The toy pieces are chunky and do not have sharp corners, making them safe for kids.
- The drill breaks down quickly if you use it for a longer duration.
Taking apart and putting back the pieces of this Battat take apart airplane toy will be a fun activity for kids while learning new skills.
- Multi-purpose: This toy is a great way to introduce motor skills to your kids. With the construction and deconstruction of toys, kids will learn the basics of engineering. They will also be developing better hand-to-eye coordination while drilling the pieces together.
- Safety: This take apart toy from Battat maintains the safety standard. All the parts are made using materials that are safe for children. There are no sharp corners or pieces that can inflict any harm on kids. However, when they are using the drill machine, supervise them a few times, and only kids above age three should be allowed to play with this toy.
- Durability: Battat toy parts are made using highly durable materials. The plastic parts of the airplane are solid and last for many play sessions. Even frequent assembling and disassembling of the toy part won’t do any damage to the toy parts.
- Easy to use: The pieces of the airplanes are easy to take apart and put back together. Kids can use the drill to screw the parts together. The battery-powered drill is super easy to use in both directions by just flipping the switch. Kids are going to have fun using this toy.
#3 USA Toys Truck Building Take Apart Toys
- Multi-functional: 8.8/10
- Safety: 9/10
- Durability: 8.5/10
- Easy to use: 8.7/10
- Overall Score: 8.75/10
- Model name: Construction
- Age range: Three years and up
- Toy weight: 2.27 pounds
- Number of pieces: 34 pieces
- Product dimensions: 9.03x 8.03x 7.13 inches
- It is a four in one toy for kids with parts to transform the truck.
- This toy has large pieces which are easy to assemble.
- It comes with a drill or drives remote for kids to either take the truck for a ride or drill the truck pieces together.
- This toy allows kids to learn problem-solving and basic building skills.
- The parts and pieces can be hand washed easily.
- You will get a refund if you are in any way dissatisfied with the toys.
- The screw becomes loose over time.
This USA toy truck building take-apart toy is a four in one toy and comes with a remote control to take it for a spin.
- Multi-purpose: This take-apart toy plays multiple purposes. Apart from keeping your kids entertained and satisfying their curiosity, it also helps develop construction and basic motor skills. Since it is a four in one toy, kids get familiar with different truck types. Playing with siblings and friends helps them become socially active.
- Safety: The toy pieces are blunt and chunky, which makes them safe for kids. We, as parents, always worry about the safety of our kids. All the toy parts are BPA-free and non-toxic, which is safe for our kids to use—however, the recommended age of kids is three years and above. Make sure not to let smaller kids play with this toy.
- Durability: All the parts and pieces of these take-apart toys are highly durable and robust materials. Kids are not gentle while playing, and they need something to play with that will not break easily. This toy will last longer and keep your kid entertained.
- Easy to use: The parts and pieces of this toy are easy to assemble and take apart. With a drill or drive remote, it is easy for kids to construct the toy truck and take it for a ride. The truck pieces are chunky, and with clear instructions, kids can quickly build the toy in no time.
#4 Laradola Store Dinosaur Take Apart Toys
- Multi-functional: 8.6/10
- Safety: 8.2/10
- Durability: 8.8/10
- Easy to use: 8.4/10
- Overall Score: 8.5/10
- Model name: Dinosaur
- Age range: Three years and up
- Toy weight: 1.28 pounds
- Number of pieces: 57 pieces
- Product dimensions: 10.47x 7.2x 3.62 inches
- It has three different types of dinosaurs that your kid can build.
- The materials in the toy are non-toxic and recyclable.
- It comes with a low-speed drill which makes it easy to construct the toy, and the low speed ensures that the kids don’t get hurt.
- There are extra screws for each dinosaur, so no need to worry about losing one.
- It develops kids’ hand-to-eye coordination and other skills.
- The multicolor design of the dinosaur toys helps kids differentiate between the parts.
- Some of the parts are small and can be a choking hazard.
This Laradola store dinosaur takes apart toys is a great way to introduce your kids to build things and the world of dinosaurs at once.
- Multi-purpose: This toy serves multiple purposes at once. Not only does it let kids learn the basic building skills of putting pieces together, but it also helps them introduce themselves to the world of dinosaurs. Since the kids are constructing the toy independently, it lets them develop better hand-to-eye coordination.
- Safety: The plastic used in the making of this toy is non-toxic and recyclable. All the edges and corners are blunt in this toy, making it safe for kids.
- Durability: The parts and pieces of this toy are made of hard and sturdy ABS plastic. Even if your kids accidentally drop the components or the toy itself, there will be no broken parts. Strong and durable materials make this toy last long.
- Easy to use: This toy is straightforward to use, and after a few sessions, even younger kids will have no trouble assembling or disassembling the parts independently. There are three different dinosaur toys in a single pack, and all of them are in different colors, which makes the kids recognize them easily, and there is no mix-up.
#5 DEERC Take Apart Remote Control Toy
- Multi-functional: 8.2/10
- Safety: 7.8/10
- Durability: 8.1/10
- Easy to use: 7.9/10
- Overall Score: 8/10
- Model name: Fire Truck toy
- Age range: Three years and up
- Toy weight:1.75 pounds
- Number of pieces: 15 pieces
- Product dimensions: 7.48x 3.94x 4.13 inches
- The toy is made using environmentally friendly material.
- It comes with a drill that works both clockwise and anticlockwise.
- All the parts and pieces are easy to install and take apart.
- This toy has realistic sounds, which is more fun for kids.
- The toy helps develop hand-eye coordination and other skills in kids.
- No cons
This DEERC take apart remote control toy is fun for kids to assemble using the drill, and it comes with realistic sounds to make the experience even better.
- Multi-purpose: This toy develops hand-to-eye coordination in younger kids. With assembling and disassembling the toys, your kids will learn the basic skills of building. Playing with friends and cousins makes them socially active.
- Safety: This toy has non-toxic and environmentally friendly materials that are safe for your kids to play with. All the edges and corners are blunt, meaning you don’t have to worry about your kids getting scratches on their hands. However, there are some small pieces in this toy, so make sure not to give it to kids younger than three as they tend to put things into their mouths.
- Durability: The parts of this toy are solid and durable. Even if your kids accidentally drop the toy, the pieces are hard to break. With solid material, this toy will last a long time.
- Easy to use: This toy is straightforward to use by a kid. Apart from teaching them how to assemble the parts for the first few times, you don’t have to supervise them every time. The screws are snap-fit, which makes them easy to install and remove.
#6 Liberty Imports Tool Truck Pull-Apart Toys
- Multi-functional: 8/10
- Safety: 7.5/10
- Durability: 7.7/10
- Easy to use: 7.2/10
- Overall Score: 7.6/10
- Model name: Tool truck
- Age range: Three years and up
- Toy weight: 2.18 pounds
- Number of pieces: 20 pieces
- Product dimensions: 10x 5x 5.5 inches
- This toy helps develop motor, cognitive and construction skills in your kids.
- The toy offers a realistic experience with horns and lights.
- It is made using non-toxic materials.
- The parts are quick to take apart and assemble.
- This toy is safety tested and has ASTM certification.
- No cons
This Liberty imports pull apart toys for kids is fun with movable parts, music, and lights.
- Multi-purpose: This toy helps develop construction, cognitive, and motor skills in your kids. It is specially designed for kids above three years for them to learn new things while playing. Construction of the toy helps them have better hand-to-eye coordination.
- Safety: This toy is ASTM certified for safety and perfectly safe for your kids to play with. All the parts and pieces are non-toxic and BPA-free. The edges and corners of all components are blunt and won’t harm your kids while playing.
- Durability: All the pieces of this toy are made with ABS plastic. Apart from being environmentally friendly, ABS plastic is highly durable. . Even if your kids drop the toy, it is not that easy to break.
- Easy to use: This toy is really easy to assemble and take apart. All the parts and pieces are self-explanatory, and kids will have no trouble putting them in place. You would need to supervise the kids a few times. After that, they can easily play with the toy on their own.
#7 Coogam Racing Car Pull-Apart Toys
- Multi-functional: 7.6/10
- Safety: 7.2/10
- Durability: 7.3/10
- Easy to use: 7.5/10
- Overall Score: 7.4/10
- Model name: Racing Car
- Age range: Three years and up
- Toy weight: 1.19 pounds
- Number of pieces: 26 pieces
- Product dimensions: 11.54x 7.68x 3.11 inches
- This toy car comes with a realistic sound and lights.
- The toy pieces are easy to assemble and take apart.
- It is made using high-quality materials which are safe for kids.
- It comes with dual drills, manual and battery operated.
- Some of the users complain of faulty batteries.
This Coogam racing car pulls apart toys that are excellent for kids who are fans of a racing car, and the realistic sound and lights make the experience of building the car even better for them.
- Multi-purpose: This takes apart car toy not only satisfies the urge of kids to explore things on their own. But the whole process of assembling and disassembling items enhances patience and concentration in younger kids. It also develops motor skills and hand-to-eye coordination.
- Safety: This toy is made using high-quality, non-toxic materials, making it safe for kids. All the parts are blunt and chunky, which means you don’t have to worry about your kids getting themselves hurt.
- Durability: With the environmentally friendly ABS plastic, this toy is highly durable. Even if your kids drop the toy, it won’t break easily.
- Easy to use: Kids have a low attention span. If something gets too difficult for them, they will leave it. These toy pieces are easy to take apart and put back together and are fun for kids.
Wrapping Up: Three Best Toys You Can Take Apart And Put Back Together
Young kids are curious about everything. To understand how things work, they try to take apart everything and then try to fix it. My daughter is going through the phase of exploring things, and while talking to some friends, I learned about these take-apart toys. I have reviewed some of the best toys you can take apart and put back together.
If I had to choose, then my top favorite is the one from GLM Brands Kidtastic STEM Learning Take Apart Toys as it has 106 pieces that keep your kid busy for a long time.
Another great option is Battat Take Apart Airplane Toy as it is quite an interesting toy and comes with a battery-powered drill to put the pieces together quickly.
For a budget option, Liberty Imports Tool Truck Pull-Apart Toys would be best for you as it comes with various special features without compromising on quality.
I hope you enjoyed this review. Do let us know your comments and suggestions in the section below.